tiistai 27. elokuuta 2013

Russia is not a cold country

A lot has happened during these last days. Yes, I'm in Russia now! From Friday to Monday we had an orientation camp near Moscow. I flew to Moscow together with Tiina, another Finnish girl who also came to Finland for a year. I understood we were the first ones to arrive. We arrived to Moscow airport mid day. There were volunteers who were waiting for us. After that we waited couple hours in the airport for another girl and then drove to our camping site. It was Friday afternoon and the traffic was horrible. The journey took really long. I have to say that traffic, especially in Moscow, is really crazy.
  Saturday and Sunday we had a lot of activities. There were lots of other exchange students from all over the world and Russian volunteers. Everybody was really really nice and we had an awesome time there. Especially all the volunteers are great and very caring. On Monday I flew to Krasnodar. We were lucky because we had a flight - many students travelled by train to their host cities and it can take really long. My host mom and dad picked me up from the airport. The whole family is very nice. I could not have wished for a better family! My mom speaks little Finnish and my dad little English. I would say it's just perfect for me: We speak in Russian but if I don't understand they help me with Finnish or English. They are really patient and supportive when it comes to my Russian.
  Today I was at one school (with will not be my school)  to study Russian. There were the students who are staying in Krasnodar and one AFS volunteer who teaches us Russian language. It takes really long for me (about 2 hours I think) to get to the school. I went there with my host brother. We first we walked then took this water taxi to get over the Kuban river then walked and after that took this 'Russian little bus' and then walked again to get to that school. Officially school in Russia starts the 1st of September but now we foreigners are having this intensive Russian language course.
  At home I will have my own room but at the moment my family is renovating the house and the upstairs is not ready yet. The house is really nice. It doesn't look very attractive outside but is very nice indoors. And really big I think.
  As for the weather. When we arrived to Moscow it was really hot. Weekend was a bit rainy so it wasn't as hot but when we arrived to Krasnodar (about 6 pm.) it was 30 degrees! So anyone who thinks Russia is coldest country in the world - I don't agree!
  I am quite tired because of the hot weather and all the new things I think. I is really exhausting to try to understand and speak Russian all the time. I like it (like I like the weather) but it's hard for me because I haven't got used to that (yet ;) ).
  Now I will go because I  really don't want to spend much time on the computer. So I didn't bother to re-read this and I'm sorry for all the mistakes. I just thought I had to write something because I think everyone are really interested (especially my parents) :)



























Love
Nella

1 kommentti:

  1. Ihanaa kuulla et kaikki hyvin!Kuullaan paremmin, kun oot asettunu! xoxo

    VastaaPoista